My Personal Favorite And Recommendation – Keurig K55
- Easy to clean – actually, what is there to clean? You can dust it off from time to time with a damp cloth. I also occasionally wash out the drip tray but other than that, it is pretty much maintenance free and easy to clean. And it rarely drips too!
- Convenient – toss in a K-Cup, press a button, wait a minute and you are drinking some fine coffee! Quick and Easy!
- So many different types of coffee. It seems that a lot of coffee companies have got on the bandwagon and started producing all sorts of different coffees including flavored, decaf and more. Even Dunkin Donuts, Tim Horton’s and Starbucks have started selling their own K-Cups as well!
- Easy to use with one touch controls and programmable operation.
- Large sized 48 ounce water reservoir giving you plenty of cups before having to refill.
- Different brew sizes giving you some control on how big or small of a cup you can have.
To me, there nothing quite like the perfect quality cup of coffee or espresso (or two or three!) to start out the day. Sometimes though, there is only one strong coffee drinker making their own at home so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to make an entire 12 cup pot (unless you are up for a challenge!). This is where the best rated one cup coffee maker can come in very handy.
There are a whole slew of different options for personal single cup coffee makers for the money so it can be hard to decide on which one you way want to get. Luckily, we checked out a number of them and have some recommendations right here for you. Take a look at more recommendations below in the following categories:
Cheap and Affordable – Hamilton Beach 49981A
- No need to buy pods – use your own grind coffee with this drip brewer.
- Inexpensive and great for people on a budget.
- Made from long lasting stainless steel.
- Has settings for different coffee strengths for your tastes.
- Adjustable stand allows for regular coffee mugs to larger travel cups.
For Home – Keurig K15
- Add water and it brews a cup of joe in a quick two minutes.
- Selection for different brew sizes.
- Turns itself off after 90 seconds of inactivity.
- Easily remove the drip tray to allow more room for larger travel mugs.
- Available in a number of different colors to match any kitchen decor.
For College – Keurig K130
- Even though this is mainly designed for hotels rooms, it would work perfectly in a dorm room too!
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space making it perfect for a desktop or something similar.
- Has a cool mug sensor eliminating accidental spills.
- Uses standard K-Cups.
- Energy saver design.
For Office – Keurig K350 2.0 Brewing System
- Gives you an option to brew in either a single cup or a 4 cup pot.
- Huge 60 ounce water storage.
- Specialty settings for hot chocolates, teas, and other drinks different from coffee.
- Strength control settings.
- Easy to use interactive display.
I love Amazon and I recommend that if you are going to buy online, definitely use them – great customer support! Shipping to USA, Canada, Australia, UK and more. Great deals too!
What are these good for?
I personally can tell you that they are good for just about anything. The home, office or even your college dorm room. Very convenient. Some of these can even be used for lattes or hot chocolate.
Types Of Single Cup Coffee Brewers
- Pod brewer – These are my favorite and what I use at both my home and office. You have a small plastic cup of coffee grinds and you simply install the cartridge of coffee, press the button and you are done. Sure, the coffee does end up being a bit more expensive per cup but the convenience makes it completely worth it. The other cool thing is the amount of different flavors of coffees available. Just about anything you can imagine are available in these pods and even some of the big brands like Dunkin Donuts have coffee pods available so you can enjoy their coffee at home. There’s even tea available too!
- Drip – Basically a bit more manual. You have a filter that you add the coffee to, add the water to the reservoir and the water runs through the filter until it is done. the other cool thing about this is that you can use no pods and are using your own coffee – more environmentally friendly.
- Multi – This type will basically do everything that both the pod brewer and drip type will do because it accepts both.
Benefits Of Using A Single Cup Coffee Machine
There are distinct benefits of using a single cup coffee machine. Many coffee lovers disagree with this concept, but there are those that find it absolutely perfect for their needs.
- Convenience – The convenience of being able to brew a single cup of coffee directly into your mug or travel mug is a big factor. You do not have to brew a pot of coffee, only to transfer it into a mug. If you are rushed in the morning, you can simply brew a single cup of coffee directly into your travel mug and take it with you.
- Freshness – Another aspect of the benefits of using a single cup coffee machine is that you will always have a fresh cup of coffee. If you are making a pot of coffee at home, it will stand there for hours between cups being consumed. This often gives the coffee a stale, stagnant taste which you will not experience with a single cup coffee machine.
- Financial Saving – Being able to brew a single cup of coffee ensures that you use the exact amount of coffee and there is no wastage. Pots of stale coffee often get thrown down the drain simply because it has lost its flavor and all you want is a nice, fresh cup of coffee.
- Different Flavors – If you are the adventurous type who loves to try new coffee flavors, you will find this to be one of the benefits of using a single cup coffee machine that will appeal to you. It is possible to obtain sachets of coffee or samples and these are ideal for your one cup coffee maker.
What To Look For When Choosing a Single Cup Coffee Machine
In the late 1990s the single cup coffee machine became a popular addition to the modern kitchen. There are many benefits that you can get from this kind of coffee machine. Of course, to receive these benefits you have to know what to look for when choosing a single cup coffee machine.
The Type of Coffee Machines
There are many different types of coffee machines on the market. It is possible to get single cup French presses and steam mocha pots. However, most people are looking for automatic coffee makers and they fall into two categories. As mentioned before, the first category is a single cup drip coffee machine and the second category is the single-serve systems that use pods.
There are a number of big brands that limit their coffee machines to their coffee. This is particularly true when you have a pod machine. These machines use special pods to create the coffee and leave you with no other option. If this is not an option that appeals to you then a drip machine would be better. Drip machines generally do not have any restrictions on the coffee you can use.
Measuring a Single Cup
When using a drip machine it may be hard to determine the amount of coffee needed to make a single cup. Certain machines will have an indicator which helps with this process. The single-serve machines are easier to use as a single pod is a single cup of coffee.
Looking at these factors ensures that you find the best coffee machine to suit your needs. Ease of use is possibly the most important aspect of a coffee machine.
Single Cup Coffee Maker Maintenance
One of the really cool things about these types of coffee machines is that there really isn’t much, if any, maintenance required. Sure, you have to clean it from time to time but really that is all there is to it!
Some Of Our Favorites
- BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Brewer
- Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer
- Keurig B145 OfficePRO Brewing System
- Hamilton Beach Two Way Brewer Single Serve